Sunday, February 12, 2012

Titanic.




What a good end to a crappy Sunday! I have not been feeling well all weekend and today I really got the brunt end of it.  I started off my morning hacking up a storm then busting to a movie with the family where I was miserable the whole time! As soon as I got home I made myself some chicken soup and cuddled up on the couch and got my study on.  I've had 4 tests this week and I am preparing for one tomorrow.  Talk about stressed right?! Daulton and I went to go get a coke in the afternoon to break up our study times then returned home knee deep back into my Chemistry book.  

On Friday we had a major Girls Night Out and a bunch of us went to go see The Vow. Eh, it was mediocre.  But that's not the point.  Annyyyywwaaays, during the previews of the movie we saw that Titanic is coming out on 3D. I was reminded of how much I love that movie and I am totally ecstatic to watch in 3D.  Let's be real, who doesn't want to see young Leo on the big screen again, let alone THREE DIMENSIONAL! Ow ow I can't wait! :) 



Back to my Sunday.  I've mentioned a couple times that I've really wanted to watch Titanic for the billionth time and today was definitely a Titanic sort of day.  My mama went to the store, bought some drumsticks and we all agreed upon 8 o'clock to start the movie.  9 o'clock rolled around and we finally pressed play.  haha.

I love that movie.  It's definitely in my top 5.  Everything about that movie is heart wrenching to me.  I remember seeing it in theaters in 1997.  My mom took my siblings and I to a matinee.  I was so intrigued with the film.  I remember being scared when the boat is sinking and it finally breaks in half because of the weight and pressure of the water flooding the upper half.  I remember my mom covering my eyes when Kate Winslet does the naked drawing scene.  And I remember feeling sad because it really happened.  

Each time I watch that movie I feel the same way.  I get all twitterpated because of the undying love that Jack&Rose discover with their short time on the ship.  I get all awkward when she gets naked.  I get sick when the boat snaps in half.  And I always feel sad that it's a true story. 

It's a fabulous movie.  Well done James Cameron.  I wish that Leonardo Dicaprio and Kate Winslet would have won Best Actor and Actress for the film in the Oscar's that year.  I think that the song definitely earned its reward.  I constantly listen to it on my iPod, I sure do love Celine Dion!

Anyways.  I loved the movie AGAIN.  It will forever be a favorite.  I enjoyed my Sunday.  Thanks to all who shared it with me.





No comments:

Post a Comment