Wednesday, July 11, 2012

I miss the old you.

It's a simple statement. I miss the old you.

I miss the days filled with summer love. We used to run around like 2 kids without a worry in the world. 

I miss going fishing with you. We always had the craziest adventures. 

I remember your birthday. That was a GOOD day.

I miss how close we use to be. 
I remember being so angry with my mom one day, I stormed out of the house and I had no idea where I was going. Somehow I ended up in your front yard and you came out and asked me "What's wrong?" and I replied "I just needed to see you." At that time, that answer sufficed. 

I miss laughing. The way you made me laugh was unbelievable. 

I miss the days when they were filled with you. 

Crazy phone calls, constant texts, arguing, laughing, planning our next adventures.

 I miss going to the lake and begging you not to push me in. I knew it was coming, but I'd always squeal before you flung me over the edge.

I miss hiding in trees and on tops of churches. 

I miss your friendship. It just made sense. 

I miss our talks about how scary the future was. 

I miss how easy it was. Without hesitation, I would pick up the phone and dial your number just to tell you how frustrated I was. But now, I can hardly choke out "Hi". 

I miss how I would look into your eyes and know exactly how you felt at that moment. I don't understand what happened and how things changed. 

But I miss you. 
I miss the OLD you. 
I miss the old ME.

No comments:

Post a Comment