Friday, November 4, 2011

At first I was really excited, then I wasn't so excited anymore.

Ya know that weird sensation when you KNOW things are about to change? For example. I remember graduating. I remember that slight feeling of dread because I KNEW change was here, and the scariest part of change, for me, is the unknown.  I didn't know what I was doing with my life, I didn't know where I was going, and mostly, I didn't know who I was.  That whole week of graduation, I was in freak out mode.  ANYTHING set me off; I seriously was so scared.  I really needed Peter Pan.


But look.... I graduated.  Even though I thought I wasn't ready for it, I did.  With my BEST friends beside me, we took that first step into the unknown.

I did it. Even though I kept repeating to myself, believing that I wasn't ready to move on, I did. The truth is I LOVED high school, but I would never go back.

Funny sidenote: I STILL don't know where I'm going. I STILL don't know what I want in life. And I STILL don't know exactly who I am.. but I'm okay with that.

Moral of the story: Sometimes being scared is all you have.  You may think that it isn't the right time to 'graduate', but if not now then when? Being a Super Senior is just as lame as not graduating at all.  Running from something that you are afraid of isn't right either. The right thing is taking the step and hoping for the best, even when you're terrified of the outcome. 

Speak the truth. Even when your voice shakes.  The time for change is always right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment